Monday, January 21, 2013

Churros, Chocolate, Señoras, and Amigas




Sundays are a bit slow here in Granada because we don't have class and there aren't any shops open. Paige and I didn't have homework, so we were pretty stumped as to what to do with all of our time! We used the internet at the science museum near our house for awhile and in the evening, we met a bunch of friends for churros and chocolate, a VERY popular dessert in Granada. Our señora Carmen is good friends with other host moms so the host moms and their students all met at a cafe for churros! Basically  you get a mug of delicious melted chocolate and a few plates of churros for the table. The churros here are huge and just deep-fried dough. Unlike churros in the US or Latin America, they aren't covered in cinnamon/sugar. They are amazing and extremely fattening. We were joking that the grease from the churros turned our napkins to wax paper. I don't feel too bad about the calories, though...I calculated on Google Maps that it's 1.5 miles from our house to school and I make that walk a minimum of 2 times per day. I figure if I'm walking at least 6 miles a day a few churros and crepes and gelato won't hurt!

2 comments:

  1. I think it definitely looks like you and Paige have the coolest Senora of the bunch! And you're only studying abroad in Spain once so eat your heart out girl! Miss you already!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kari! Miss you so much too! trust me, I'm going to eat my weight in crepes and chocolate things this semester...good thing I'm walking so much! :)

    ReplyDelete