Saturday, January 12, 2013

I'm here! I'm here!

After 15+ hours of travel, I'm finally in Spain! Currently sitting in Melia Granada hotel and dying to take a shower and wash the grime of travel off me...nonetheless, I am THRILLED to be here! It has been truly exhausting but we were lucky everything with travel went well. Paige and I met a few people from our program on our initial flight to Madrid, and our group just kept getting bigger as the day went on! Everyone in our program has been so nice so far-I know we'll all have an amazing semester together. Some highlights from the trip so far: free wine on the flight to Madrid, amazing coffee in the Madrid airport, scoping out the eye candy that is Real Madrid fútbol team in the airport, seeing the Sierra Navadas from the air, no customs at the Granada airport (yay!) and a nice bus ride through the city to our hotel for the night, where a bus full of CCA students proceeded to block traffic as we all attempted to roll our massive suitcases through the cobblestone streets of the city.
It's about 3pm right now, and a shower and a quick nap sound absolutely amazing before we meet up with some new friends for dinner. I can't wait to meet my host family tomorrow and hopefully post again soon!
Hasta luego! xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment